Apple Pie Bars Recipe
If you love apple pie as much as I do (who doesn’t?) here is your apple pie fix that is easier and faster than a standard pie... but just as tasty.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1/3 cup milk (low fat or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Minute Tapioca or flour
- 8 cups (2 pounds) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & coarsely chopped in 1-inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, sugar, & salt in a bowl.
- Add oil & milk all at once, stirring with a fork, then divide into two solid halves.
- Roll one half between 2 sheets of floured wax paper to about an 8" square and set aside.
- Pat the other half into the bottom of an 8x8-inch ungreased or parchment paper lined square pan. (or you can roll it between wax paper first and then place it in the bottom of the pan, patting it to edges)
- Combine sugar, spices, and tapioca in a large bowl.
- Add apples, combining well.
- Place into pan and top with second crust. Patch if needed but a few openings are okay.
- Poke a few holes in top crust with a knife, brush with milk and sprinkle with 2 tsp. sugar.
- Bake about 50 minutes until top is golden. Cool. Cut into bars./