Arugula Salad with Berries
Arugula Salad loaded with strawberries, blueberries, creamy goat cheese and drizzled with the best balsamic glaze!
Arugula Salad loaded with strawberries, blueberries, creamy goat cheese and drizzled with the best balsamic glaze! The Arugula Beet Salad is our go-to in winter, but this Arugula Berry Salad is the most requested spring and summer salad.
We love fruit in salad like our Winter Fruit Salad, and Autumn Chicken and Pear Salad. Fresh Arugula with juicy berries is a winning combination!
What is Arugula?
Arugula is a leafy green vegetable known for its fresh, peppery and lightly bitter flavor notes. It has a high nutrient density* similar to broccoli, kale and Brussels sprouts. It’s also an immune boosting food, rich in antioxidants. 1 cup of arugula contains:
- 10% Vitamin A
- 28% Vitamin K
- 4% of your daily Vitamin C, Folate and Calcium
Baby arugula is harvested young and has a more delicate flavor (less bitter). Arugula should be stored in the refrigerator and used within a few days of purchasing. We have found the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the more bitter it becomes.
The Best Balsamic Glaze:
Homemade Balsamic Glaze is best. It requires just 2 ingredients and 15 minutes to make. If you want an even quicker version of this salad, we love Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Glaze. This is NOT a paid promotion. I’m careful about recommending a pre-made “dressing” but seriously this one is good. We found it at Fred Meyer and Costco. I equally love their “Classic” and “Strawberry Fig” varieties. The “classic” has just 2 ingredients: Balsamic vinegar of Modena Italy and non GMO sugar.
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 8 oz strawberries hulled and sliced
- 6 oz blueberries
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze* or added to taste
- Place arugula into a large salad bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, whole blueberries and crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle the top with balsamic glaze, adding it to taste and serve. Do not toss this salad. It serves beautifully just drizzled and left as is.