Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken 5 Ingredients
An easy, but elegant main dish! The chicken is moist, the flavor superb and the bacon a perfect wrapping!
There is little if anything that compares to this winner Chicken dinner and it’s been a Community favorite with very good reason. This is delish!
Looking for a delicious meal idea? These Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a taste sensation.
The combination of juicy chicken, crispy bacon, and cream cheese is the trifecta. This recipe gets absolute rave reviews and is one of our most popular. It also has only 5 simple ingredients.
The baking time at 375 degrees is 35 minutes with only 15 short minutes prep time. Catherine from ‘Pray Cook Blog’ is the creator and she has absolutely knocked it out the park here!
It’s easy to see why this is the site’s most requested recipe. One thing is guaranteed and that is this dish will not disappoint!
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 - 4-ounce pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 to 8 pieces of bacon
- Cut chicken into 4 equal size pieces. Pound breast so it is about 1/4" thick.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, chopped green onion, and pepper jack cheese. Put 1/4 of this mixture into the middle of each piece of chicken.
- Starting at the long side, roll chicken breast up, keeping the cheese mixture to the middle.
- Wrap 1 to 2 slices of bacon around the chicken breast, secure with a toothpick, if needed.
- Place on baking sheet (with an edge on it) or a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Broil topside for about 5 minutes to fully brown and crisp bacon. Turn each breast over and broil for another 3 minutes or so to crisp up the bottom side.
- Serve immediately.
- One piece of bacon wrapped around each breast is enough. But 2 pieces of bacon for each breast fully wraps the chicken and is outstanding as well.
- 1 lb. of chicken usually equals one large chicken breast cut in half. Cut each half in half again and you will have four 4 ounce pieces.
- This recipe is very adaptable to being basted with your favorite grilling sauce, marinade, chili sauce, or sweet and sour sauce during baking.