Country Style Instant Pot Cube Steak Recipe
If you’re in the South, this instant pot cube steak recipe might be a favorite. If you haven’t tried it, here’s the recipe to replicate at home.
Country Style Steak is a favorite meal in many homes in the South. It is made with lightly battered cube steak that is cooked in a brown gravy and onions until tender.
Typically, after frying, the cube steak is cooked in the oven for 2 or more hours; however with the Instant Pot, cooking time is reduced to less than 30 minutes!
COUNTRY STYLE CUBE STEAK
Out comes some of the best country style pot cube steak you will ever eat. Serve it over rice or with a side of mashed potatoes. Can you say, Yum? Did you enjoy this country-style instant pot cube steak recipe?
Let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to share the article with friends and family.
- 2 lbs cube steak
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 onions
- 10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 dry package of Lipton Onion Soup mix
- Cut cube steak into smaller pieces.
- Add flour to ziplock bag.
- Add steak one at a time to bag to flour meat.
- Add oil to Instant Pot. Turn on Sauté setting.
- Add cube steak in batches to Instant Pot. Cook on each side until browned and crispy.
- Set cube steak aside. Deglaze bottom of Instant Pot with 3 tbs of the beef broth.
- Add onions and cook them until tender.
- Return cube steak on top of onions.
- Mix remaining broth, cream of celery soup, and Lipton onion soup mix.
- Add sauce mixture over the cube steak.
- Cook on Manual High for 20 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- Turn off Instant Pot and rest for 5 minutes. (This will thicken the gravy.) Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.