Easy And Healthy Lunch Box Recipes You Can Make at Home
Having no idea for an easy, healthy and yummy lunch box to bring to work and school? This article would be a great help. Rather than order foods at a favorite restaurant or buy packed ones, outside, get out of bed 30 minutes earlier, prepare a lunch that you really enjoy and that will keep you energized until the late afternoon.
Meal-Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls
If you are find something delicious, simple and quickly, you are on the right place. The recipe today is the best choice that I am glad to share. Meal-Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls! The simple reason, it loaded with taste, flavor and nutrients. It is perfect for any meal, whether is lunch or dinner. Let check it out to find your favorite taste.
The recipe is the perfect combination among chicken, rice, veggies and other ingredients. When you mix them together, you’ve got the flavors you love. All of them are gathered in a bowl, and always ready for serving whenever you have craving. With the easy to find ingredients along with detail instructions of the recipe, you will easily have delicious dish for your own. I bet that you just take it a try at the first time, you will fall in love it, evenly if you are the picky eater. It promises keep you satisfied.
If you love eating chicken, the recipe is good way to go. Besides, save the recipe on your hand, it means you will have more ideas to vary your meal more diverse, don’t have to think about what to eat for today, or don’t have to cook the same dish again and again. Moreover, you will have chance to show your cooking skill with the simple recipe. Don’t hesitate, let bring it to your kitchen and explore it wit me.
For the Chicken
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons homemade
- 4 small-medium boneless (or 1 pound) skinless chicken breasts, pounded (or thighs)
For the Rice
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime
kosher salt to taste
- For the guacamole and salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 small jalapeno minced, divided
- 1/8 cup onion minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced, divided
- 1 small tomato diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 Bell Peppers sliced into strips (colors of choice)
- 6 meal prep containers
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 onion sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup light sour-cream
For the Chicken
- Combine the chicken and taco seasoning with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bag or bowl. Marinate for 20 minutes or up to 48 hours in the fridge. Preheat a large pan with medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts until fully cooked per side, or about for 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan heat and let’s rest for 10 minutes to cold down, and then chop into bite-size pieces.
- In the same pan, add sliced bell peppers and onion along with a teaspoon of oil. Sauteé for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
For the Rice
- While the chicken is cooking, boil 2 cups of water in a large pot with high heat. Once the water has boiled, add the rice and 1 teaspoon oil. Add salt and pepper ( the amount is under your taste). Cover and reduce the heat to low, and keep cooking until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.
- To make guacamole and tomato salsa
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado. Add half the minced onion (1 tablespoon), half the minced cilantro (1 tablespoon), and half the minced jalapeno. Sprinkle with pepper and salt and juice of 1/2 lime. Stir until the avocados are fully mashed. Set aside. Combine the remaining minced cilantro (1 tablespoon, minced onion (1 tablespoon), and the diced tomatoes, and half of the minced jalapeno in another small bowl. Please note, the recipes for the guacamole and salsa and lettuce only makes enough for 2 days.
- Divide chicken, the rice, beans, and bell peppers, into 4 meal-prep bowls. Divide a tomato salsa, the romaine lettuce, a scoop of guacamole and scoop of sour-cream into the remains 2 bowls. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 4 days, and the cold ingredients (salad, guacamole, salsa) for 2 days. To re-heat, with the chicken and rice bowls that just need to heat 2-3 minutes in the microwave. Top with the salad bowls when want to eat.
- If you want to make your own tacos seasoning for the chicken, let’s combine: 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano.
- For the cold ingredients (salad, guacamole, and salsa): Only store the ingredients maximum for 2 days in your fridge. You can also find easily them at local supermarket.