Easy Pizza Casserole Recipe
Make pizza night extra fun with this Pizza Casserole! It’s an easy pizza bake made with pasta, cheese, and all of your favorite pizza toppings.
This easy Pizza Casserole recipe is a simple pizza pasta bake made with penne pasta, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and all of our favorite pizza toppings.
It’s a fun way to change up pizza night. Sometimes we have pizza delivered but other times we have a little extra fun with it and put our own spin on pizza. We’ve also made French Bread Pizza Sticks, Lasagna French Bread Pizza, and even Pizza Wontons.
The great thing about pizza is that there are so many different toppings. Personally I’m a fan of supreme pizzas with green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and black olives but my kids usually go for just plain pepperoni pizza. Either way this Pizza Casserole is delicious so go nuts and customize it with all of your family’s favorite toppings.
WHAT IS IN PIZZA CASSEROLE?
- Penne Pasta
- Pizza Sauce or tomato sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 4 c Mozzarella Cheese, , divided
- 28 oz Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 1 c Pepperonis
- 4 oz Green Peppers, , diced
- 2 oz Onion, , diced
- 4 oz Mushrooms, , chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage, , ground
- 1 oz Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook penne pasta until al dente.
- While pasta cooks brown Italian sausage in a skillet. Cook fully and drain grease.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large bowl.
- Add 2 cups mozzarella, pizza sauce, diced tomatoes, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cooked Italian sausage. Toss until fully combined.
- Grease a 13×9 inch casserole dish and pour mixture into it.
- Top with remaining cheese, pepperonis, black olives and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.