Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I was initially saving this recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies for #HealthyCookieWeek2018 (a week when I launch a new healthy cookie recipe every day, coming in a couple months!!), but after posting a sneak peak, I’ve been getting tons of messages and requests so I’ve just decided to release it early!
These cookies come together in a matter of minutes and only take 11 minutes to bake, so I would normally say it’d be less than 20 minutes start to finish. BUT… but… you need to chill the dough actually. So add some time in for that, and consider yourself warned. Still, this is a very quick recipe.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies are gooey, chewy, and basically the perfect texture – AND they are flourless! HOW?!?
I think it’s because of the grass-fed butter. If you are dairy free or prefer to avoid butter, you can sub in coconut oil in this recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies. BUT, Ghee or Grass Fed butter, are amazing options too. Ghee is clarified butter does not contain lactose, either, so if that’s what usually upsets you from dairy, try out ghee!
Full disclosure: these are not secretly jam packed with superfoods like turmeric like in these breakfast cookies, or secret veggies like these Beet Cacao cookies. They do contain almonds and almond butter, which are awesome powerhouse ingredients. But, they also contain coconut sugar (lower GI and more health benefits than white sugar) and butter, which should be consumed in moderation. They are healthier than regular Chocolate Chip Cookies, but they are no substitute for a well balanced meal.
Have something delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and save these cookies as your dessert or snack!
- 6 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter / Ghee / Coconut Oil
- 3/4 C Coconut Sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C (heaping) Creamy, drippy, almond butter (I like this one)
- 1 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt, plus more sea salt for topping
- Heaping handful of chocolate chips
- Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. It should be partially melted, partially solid. Add to a bowl with the coconut sugar and beat with a hand mixer on medium for about 1 minute until well combined. Or beat vigorously with a fork.
- Add egg and vanilla and combine. Lastly, add the almond butter and beat one last time until everything is combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients (besides the chocolate chips) and fold everything together with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place dough in fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When ready to make cookies, preheat oven to 350. Dough will be quite hard, roll into ~ 1 inch balls, press down slightly, and add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- Did you make em? SHOW ME on Instagram and Facebook using #TheGranolaDiaries. Nothing makes me happier!!!