Greek Layered Hummus Dip Recipe
Enjoy this easy to make Greek inspired Layered Hummus Dip with tons of flavor and a great combination of textures; perfect for entertaining!
This lovely layered hummus dip is absolutely perfect for casual entertaining. Easily assembled with store-bought convenience foods, there’s no cooking involved (unless you count toasting the pine nuts for 5 minutes!) This multi-purpose dip is a great starter for your Greek themed dinner party but also doubles as a main course add-on. It’s terrific smeared on everything from pitas, chips, vegetables and even your main course Grilled Greek Chicken kabobs. Our layered hummus dip is just the thing to hold the chicken and vegetables on a Greek pita pizza or Gyro sandwich too.
Assemble this layered hummus dip on a small platter making all the components easy to see and scoop.
Dicing the vegetables into 1/4-inch pieces makes dipping much more user friendly. Serve with hearty chips, chunky vegetables, pita bread or baked pita chips for easy scooping. We love making our own healthier baked pita chips using this recipe for Whole What Pita Breads. It only takes a few minutes and is easily adapted to your favorite seasonings.
Check the olive bar at your grocery store for roasted red peppers and kalamata olives.
There’s no need to buy big jars of peppers and olives when you can purchase just the right amount for this recipe from the olive bar. While we keep olives in the refrigerator year round, we don’t always have a need for a whole jar of roasted red peppers. Loaded with healthy fats, kalamata olives are a good source of iron and calcium with vitamin A and fiber benefits too. Try adding these ancient olives to a tapenade, Greek salad or this Greek Layered Hummus Dip!
Make this luscious Greek Layered Hummus Dip part of your next Greek themed dinner party!
Serve this easy dip as a starter or as part of the main course. Complete the meal with our easy Whole Wheat Pita Recipe and these delicious Grilled Greek Chicken kabobs. Don’t forget the Easy Greek Salad and a bottle of wine too! Enjoy!
- 1 17-ounce container prepared hummus *
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt **
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch English cucumber pieces (seeded before diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers ***
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Serving suggestions:
- pita bread pita wedges or baked pita chips
- cucumber slices
- use as a spread on sandwiches
- Spread the hummus on a shallow serving tray or plate. Dollop the yogurt on top, then carefully spread to cover the hummus, leaving a border showing through.
- In a small bowl combine the cucumber, peppers, olives, onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly over the yogurt. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the vegetables then top with toasted pine nuts. Drizzle the dip with a little extra olive oil. Serve immediately.
- SRFD recommends Sabra classic hummus for this dip.
- We use our favorite plain Siggi’s Icelandic Skyr (yogurt) for this dip due to the silky, creamy texture and superior spreadability. It’s very similar to Greek yogurt with fantastic flavor too!
- You can find roasted red peppers on the olive bar at your local grocery store, or jarred works well too.