How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole at Home
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole is a delicious copycat recipe! Rich creamy layers of hashbrowns, cheddar cheese and other ‘secret’ ingredients finally ready to be whipped up in the comfort of your own home!
I love to make and serve this hashbrown casserole because it is a delicious one dish meal that can be prepped ahead of time. It makes the perfect addition to any busy family’s menu. Add the fact that it is so delicious is just a bonus!
Remember on the weekends, waiting in the lobby with dozens of other hungry customers at Cracker Barrel, just dying to order their mouth-watering Hashbrown Casserole? But, we could never figure out what the other ‘secret’ ingredients were! Well, we found the perfect Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole copycat so you can whip it up yourself in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT IS CRACKER BARREL HASHBROWN CASSEROLE?
- This dish looks impressive when it’s brought to your table at the restaurant, but this easy hashbrown casserole recipe is really just a few ingredients! Start with frozen hash browns and add some onions, butter, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and salt and pepper to taste and pop it in the oven!
- If you want a ‘signature’ hash brown casserole, why not add some cubed ham or cooked and crumbled bacon? What a great way to start the weekend!
HOW TO MAKE CRACKER BARREL HASHBROWN CASSEROLE
- This is the easy part! A 9×13 inch casserole pan is preferred, but an 8×8 with a little longer cooking time will give your hashbrown casserole some height, which looks really impressive on a plate!
- Mix all the ingredients together, reserving ½ cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Add the mixture to the casserole dish and gently pat down.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the cheese is fully melted. You want a cheesy hashbrown casserole that looks delectable!
Optional garnish: A dollop of sour cream or sliced green onions. Maybe a dash of Tabasco Sauce?
Don’t forget, you could even assemble this casserole the night before and toss it in the oven the next morning! How easy is that
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 10 1/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese separated into 1 1/2 cups and 1/2 cup portions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray an 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients above, except for the 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Add mixture to the baking dish
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown