How to make French Onion Meatballs at Home
These will be a welcome addition to any party table. The flavor combination makes them taste like French onion soup! This recipe is super easy which is an added bonus.
This is a wonderful recipe for parties and get togethers of all kinds and they always disappear so fast! I made these several years ago for my daughter's wedding reception and people thought that they were absolutely delicious and wanted the recipe.
I haven't made them in a while, but I've decided to make them for an upcoming church dinner, thanks to some suggestions from the great cooks here at JAP.
You can use them as an appetizer or a meal served over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. I hope that y'all enjoy these yummy meat balls.
- 1 pkg Great Value brand homestyle meatballs or your favorite brand of frozen meatballs (2 pound size)
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can(s) cream of onion soup
- 1 can(s) water
- In crock pot, whisk together soup mix, soups, and water.
- If using Great Value Brand Frozen Homestyle Meatballs, remove from freezer and place in slow cooker. Stir together with sauce.
- Cook on low heat for about 4 to 6 hours or on high for about 2 to 3 hours, gently stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled if you need to make a lot for a party or other get together. The frozen meatballs saves time and is very easy. I prefer the Great Value (Walmart) brand over the others that I've tried. Enjoy!