Keto Chili Rellenos Recipe
My keto chili rellenos are an easy family dinner recipe. Chili rellenos are my favorite Mexican dish. After years of practice, I've perfected a low carb chili relleno recipe. It is stuffed with mushrooms and cheese, but you could add some beef or chorizo too. Try my Keto Jalapeno Poppers for another family favorite. If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends on social media!
Bake these stuffed poblano peppers for an easy family dinner. This is a low calorie recipe that can be used for weight loss. Also, try my Keto Jalapeno Poppers.
Add more cheese, sour cream, and chorizo on top for a full meal. It's important to eat a full dinner if you want to lose weight. Continue reading below to learn more about weight loss and visit my Keto for Weight Loss.
My keto chili rellenos are a great recipe for weight loss. I would like to share some advice about how you can use this recipe to reach your weight loss goals. You can read more about weight loss at Keto for Weight Loss.
My chili rellenos are a low calorie meal, however, calorie restriction does always equal weight loss. Calorie restriction often does not work, because your body needs adequate nutrients. If you are constantly limiting nutrients, your body will have a natural backlash of hunger, which can lead to binge eating, a failed diet, and malnutrition.
You can prevent these common problems. Set yourself up for success by adequately nourishing your body from the start. Read more about Tracking Nutrition on the Keto Diet.
Adequately nourishing your body is probably the most important factor in weight loss. Eating nutrient dense foods will give your body the fuel it needs to function properly. For example, if you are craving chocolate, you might be deficient in magnesium, an essential mineral.
Taking a daily magnesium citrate supplement or eating a couple tablespoons of cocoa nibs could help with your sweet tooth. This is how you can lose weight by nourishing your body!
My keto chili rellenos are only 365 calories per serving. This is actually too low for weight loss. You will probably need to add a bit more cheese, sour cream, or chorizo to adequate nourish your body. You could put a chili relleno on cauliflower rice with Mexican spices. Even a few black beans is not a diet breaker. A 1/4 cup of canned black beans is only 6g net carbs. Don't be afraid of a few healthy carbs! Eating nutrient dense foods sets you up for successful weight loss.
Feel free to leave me a comment. I always enjoy receiving feedback and hearing your stories. You can request customized advice for weight loss at Keto Coaching. I offer one on one consultation for people trying to lose weigh on the keto diet.
Take Away Tips:
- Calorie restriction does not equal weight loss.
- Adequately nourishing you body is important for weight loss.
- Eat a nutrient dense dinner to be successful at Time Restricted Eating.
- 8 large Poblano Peppers
- 12 large Portobello Mushrooms (20 oz.)
- 4-5 cups Pepper Jack Cheese (16 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Mineral Salt
- Optional: Cilantro, Lime, Green Onions, Garlic, Mexican Spices, Chorizo, Ground Beef
- Slice the peppers lengthwise and horizontally at the top. Remove the seeds. Roast in a large dish at 450°F for 20-25 minutes. The peppers will start to darken, wilt, and blister.
- Chop the mushrooms into quarters. Sauté in a pan on medium/high heat for 10 minutes. The mushrooms will shrink and release their moisture.
- Mix the mushrooms, cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, salt, and optional spices in a bowl. Stuff this mixture into the baked peppers and pile any extra on top. Bake the stuffed peppers for another 15 minutes. The cheese will melt and turn golden brown.
- Garnish the chili rellenos with chopped green onions, cilantro, sour cream, chorizo, and more. Make it your own unique creation, then comment below to tell me what you make!