Learn To Make THE BEST Oreo Dessert
Learn how to make THE BEST Oreo Dessert! Here are the best tips and tricks for this no-bake dessert that will guarantee amazing results!
I usually get a ton of questions on my No-Bake Oreo Dessert Post. It’s one of THE TOP posts here on All Things Mamma but also the most controversial. haha!
I don’t know how this dish ends up turning into “soup” for some people but I am here to straighten that all out! Let’s just dive right into just HOW to Make Oreo Dessert – NO FAIL!
- 1 Package Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1/2 Cup Butter – Melted
- 1 5.9oz Package Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 8oz Cream Cheese – Softened
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 8oz Cool Whip – Thawed
- First – use REAL Oreos for this recipe. Don’t try to save a dollar and use store brand cookies. REAL Oreos are best. I use DOUBLE STUFFED Oreos in my dish. I really feel like the extra “stuff” makes a big difference. Break up the Oreos with your hands into big pieces. The ENTIRE package of Oreos will be used for this recipe. It’s not time to worry about calories for this one! Save about 1/4 of the package to the side to crumble up on top.
- Once you have 3/4 of the package broken up into larger pieces (about 3-4 pieces for 1 Oreo), add those to the bottom of a 13×9 Baking Dish. I like to use a 13×9 dish because it seems to set up nicely and it’s easy to scoop out servings cleanly. Next, you’ll pour the melted butter right over the top of the Oreos and set the dish to the side while you make your pudding mixture.
- For the pudding mixture – this is where people seem to have the most trouble – add 1 LARGE package of Jello INSTANT pudding to a large mixing bowl. Read this with me again – INSTANT PUDDING. Do NOT try to use Cook and Serve Pudding. It WILL NOT work and you most definitely will end up with soup. I’m pretty sure this is where people make the mistake and end up with watery pudding. So, again – use 1 LARGE Package of Vanilla Instant Pudding and add to a mixing bowl. Then, add in 3 cups TOTAL of whole milk OR 2% milk to the pudding in the large mixing bowl. Do not use skim milk. I’ve found that it’s doesn’t set up as well. Once you’ve added in the milk turn on your mixer or use a hand held mixer and get to work! I like to use my whisk attachment for this recipe. If you watch my video below, in real time, you will see that I mix it for a little while until it starts to really thicken up. Instant Pudding WILL thicken before you add it to your dish. This is also where you would add in the sugar that the recipe calls for. I have to be honest and tell you that I never add the sugar anymore. I used to add it but I really don’t think it’s needed.
- The next step is to add in SOFTENED Cream Cheese – Philadelphia Cream Cheese is best! The easiest way to soften cream cheese is to unwrap the cream cheese from the foil wrapper and leave out on the counter while you are preparing all the cookies and pudding for this recipe. 30 minutes would be ideal if you have time. Another, quicker, way to soften cream cheese is to use your microwave. Just unwrap the cream cheese, add to a small plate and either use your “soften cream cheese” setting or just heat for 30 seconds – that usually does the trick. Once the cream cheese is softened, cut it into smaller pieces and add to the pudding mixture and mix away again. It should incorporate mostly but will be lumpy. Lumps are fine – not huge chunks but just where it’s noticeable that you added in something to the smooth pudding.
- Once you’re done mixing away, now FOLD in the Cool Whip. I should also add that COOL WHIP Brand is best – just like REAL Oreos and Philly Cream Cheese – don’t try to save a buck and just go for it! To fold means to lightly use a spatula and turn the Cool Whip over and over in the bowl until incorporated well. The Cool Whip should be completely thawed. Just add it to your fridge instead of the freezer when you bring it home from the store if you’ll be using it within a few days.
- Now, you’re ready to add the pudding mixture to your broken up Oreos in the 13×9 pan. Just pour the entire pudding mixture right over the top. It should be nice and thick but NOT watery at all. Spread it out evenly in the pan with a spatula. Now, it’s time to take your remaining Oreos and add to the top of the dish. You have two choices here – you can break up the Oreos just like you did for the bottom of the dish OR you can add them to a large Ziploc bag and use a mallet and break them up into smaller pieces and crumbs. It’s up to you!
- Chill! Let this dessert chill in the fridge for at the very least 1 hour. 3-4 hours is best. You can even make this the day before your big event!
- That’s it! It really is easy to make THE BEST Oreo Dessert EVER! Just follow my tips and you’ll be fine! Be sure to check out the video below to watch me make this no-bake dessert from the beginning to the end.
- It really is that EASY! If you have any questions at all, just add them below in the comments or send me a message! I’m here to help! I’m sure this Oreo Dessert will be a HUGE hit for you!