Mini Boston Cream Pies
Dads with a sweet tooth will enjoy these Mini Boston Cream Pies.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix*
- 3 eggs
- ? cup vegetable oil
- 1? cups water
- 1 recipe Boston Cream Custard (recipe follows)
- 1 recipe Chocolate Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 32 wells of mini cheesecake pans† with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using eggs, oil, and water. Divide batter among prepared wells of pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Split cakes in half horizontally. Spoon Boston Cream Custard evenly onto cut side of each cake bottom. Top each with a remaining cake half, cut side down. Top each cake evenly with Chocolate Glaze. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For testing purposes, we used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake Mix.
- †We used Chicago Metallics (12-well) Mini Cheesecake Pans. The wells of these pans are 2 inches in diameter and 1½ inches deep and have removable bottoms.