Red Moon Over Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
This Red Moon Over Manhattan recipe is a delicious and creative take a classic bourbon (or whiskey!) cocktail. Made with red wine, this Manhattan will be a hit at your next party!
The Manhattan is one of the finest and oldest cocktails around. It’s a classic and sophisticated cocktail. For this Red Moon Over Manhattan recipe, we’ve added a twist to it by incorporating red wine!
Much like vintage libations, red wine cocktails are also seeing a huge spike in popularity. And while a red wine Manhattan may sound unique, it’s really tasty with a great flavor combination!
It’s the perfect cocktail to get ready for all of that fall entertaining you’ll hopefully be doing! Enjoy and stay charming!
WHAT IS IN A RED MOON OVER MANHATTAN COCKTAIL?
A perfect Manhattan cocktail is made of two parts whiskey, one part sweet vermouth, a dash of angostura bitters and garnished with orange peel and a maraschino cherry.
My variation of the cocktail incorporates red wine and swaps whiskey for bourbon. Both are served on the rocks.
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING A RED MOON OVER MANHATTAN COCKTAIL
- Don’t make these before the guests arrive, or the ice will dilute the drink.
- Use one large ice cube rather than lots of small ones, it won’t melt as fast.
- Shake the cocktail shaker until it has turned ice cold.
- Use whatever red wine is your favorite!
If you have tried this Red Moon Over Manhattan cocktail recipe, please Share it!!!
- 2 oz red wine
- 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 large round ice sphere
- 3 gourmet maraschino cherries
- Shake all of the ingredients together with ice for 20 seconds.
- Rub orange peel around the rim of the glass.
- Add in the ice sphere and strain the cocktail over the ice.
- Scoop one cherry to place inside the drink and add two more on a twig or cocktail stirrer to garnish the glass!
- Enjoy this new classic!