Rum Cocktails Tropical Storm Punch
This Tropical Storm Punch is a delicious rum cocktail made with passion fruit rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, simple syrup, and my secret ingredient!
When it comes to having an ‘adult beverage,’ I pick a cocktail over wine most of the time. As I mentioned, I’m a big fan of rum cocktails, and particularly love the taste of blue curacao. That is why I adore this Tropical Storm Punch recipe. This drink is so sweet and delicious, you will forget there’s alcohol, so be careful! Please drink responsibly.
When Mr. Juggling Act and I went to Hawaii for my sister’s wedding, I had the best tropical drinks I had ever tasted. They were so perfect! I suppose the fact that rum is made right there on the island might have had something to do with it.
We went to a rum tasting at Koloa Rum Company. We learned all about the process of making rum it is hard to imagine that the ingredients are just water, sugar, molasses and yeast. We sampled different kinds of rum and picked up a few souvenirs, too.
Staying on the island of Kauai was so amazing. The land and the ocean is like something from a fairy tale. If you have never been to Hawaii, you have to experience it first hand because seeing it on TV and in pictures just doesn’t do it justice. It’s breathtakingly gorgeous! My only wish is that we had been able to stay longer.
Luckily, if I close my eyes and sip this drink, it’s good enough to send me back to Hawaii. Oh I do love a good daydream! Warm tropical breezes, and the sound of the ocean waves hitting the sand are just within reach, in my minds eye.
I use this Hamilton Beach Blender model in my home. This blender also works great for blended drinks, and even has a setting to crush ice. Possibly my favorite feature though is that it is dishwasher safe. (I hate to do dishes!) For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
- 4 oz Blue Curacao
- 2 oz Passion Fruit Rum
- 8 oz Pineapple Juice
- Pina Colada Cocktail Rimming Sugar
- Simple Syrup
- Using two small plates pour the sugar on one and simple syrup on the other
- Take two 8-ounce glasses and dip the rims in the simple syrup and then into the rimming sugar.
- Fill your glasses with ice about 3/4 of the way full.
- Add the passion fruit rum and pineapple juice together in a cocktail shaker. Shake well to combine
- Pour the pineapple mix into the glasses, and top off each with a shot of Blue Curacao. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer, you can substitute the simple sugar. Use limes to wet the rim of the glasses instead.