Spicy Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia Recipe
This easy Spicy Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia takes all of 5 minute of preparation time before you pop it in the oven. Pair it with sautéed vegetables and steamed rice for a hearty meal. Here is a step by step and video recipe of how to make Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia.
This Lemon Garlic Tilapia is not even a recipe. You just have to mix a handful of ingredients in a bowl, pour them over the fish fillets, pop the tray in the oven and a healthy dinner is ready. Yes, that easy
Also if you don’t have access to Tilapia, feel free to use any other white fish. It’s mostly about the marinade guys. I like to use Tilapia because it’s not super expensive, do not taste super fishy and I get frozen fillets easily where I live.
We loved this dish at home so much that I am going to do it a couple of times this week. Or wait, why me? Even Bhavye can do it for us.
This Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia is a delicious recipe and is one of the many Oven Baked Tilapia Recipes that you can do in your kitchen. Here are some pointers that you should know before starting to make this dish.
What is Tilapia?
“Tilapia are mainly freshwater fish inhabiting shallow streams, ponds, rivers and lakes and less commonly found living in brackish water. Historically, they have been of major importance in artisanal fishing in Africa, and they are of increasing importance in aquaculture and aquaponics.
Tilapia can become a problematic invasive species in new warm-water habitats such as Australia, whether deliberately or accidentally introduced, but generally not in temperate climates due to their inability to survive in cold water.
Tilapia is the fourth most consumed fish in the United States dating back to 2002. The popularity of tilapia came about due to its low price, easy preparation, and its mild taste.” – Wikipedia
Tips to make best baked Tilapia
- Make sure to dry the fillets after washing them. You can dab them with kitchen towel to take out the extra water.
- Do not overcook the fillets. they will turn little chewy if over cooked.
- You can try swapping the butter with coconut oil, olive oil etc.
- This recipe can be made with chicken as well.
- Increase or decrease the amount of red chilli powder to suit your taste. You can totally skip it too if not fond of spicy food.
- You can swap tilapia with any white fish to make this recipe.
- If you don’t like spicy, you can replace chilli powder with paprika.
- Equipments required to make Baked Tilapia Fish
- You will need a baking tray and an oven to make this dish. This oven available on amazon is a good one to use for this Baked Fish Recipe as well as for other baking recipes.
- 4-6 Tilapia Fillets
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper Freshly Cracked
- 1 lemon Cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Wash the Tilapia fillets and pat them dry.
- Arrange the fillets in a baking tray.
- Mix lemon juice, butter, garlic, red chilli powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture over the tilapia.
- Arrange lemon slices in between the fillets.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 Degrees F).
- Bake the fish for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot.
- You can increase the amount of lemon juice if you like it even more tangy.
- You can use lime juice instead of lemon juice if you like more tangy.
- Do not overcook the fish otherwise it will become dry.
- Use the residual liquid to pour over the fish fillet once you have served it on the plate.
- Serve this dish as an appetizer or with steamed rice and sautéed vegetables as main course.