The Best Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
ONLY A FEW MOMENTS SPENT IN THE KITCHEN AND YOU WILL HAVE THIS FANTASTIC DISH IN FRONT OF YOU.
Chocolate Brownie Cookies are just the best soft, chewy, fudgy cookies we have made in a very very very long time. And they are so simple to make you guys, just the best chocolate cookie recipe to make if you don’t like complicated and advance recipes.
The preparation takes no longer than 10 minutes, then you place them in the freezer to chill and then wait another 10 minutes for them to bake and that’s it. Simple, quick and tasty. We named these brownie cookies because they are literally like eating a brownie but in a cookie shape. Fudgy, soft, chewy interior and a nice, crunchy exterior, just like in a brownie.
This cookie dough freezes well, for up to a month and it also stores well, in a cookie box for up to 14 days, which makes them perfect as a nice, delicious edible gift. Great for Christmas, baby showers, birthdays, weddings or even as a housewarming gift. There are no fancy ingredients in this recipe, only chocolate, butter, all-purpose flour, baking powder, eggs and sugar. The result is incredible and they also look very pretty too. Easy, tasty and super fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES?
- These amazing, simple Chocolate Brownie Cookies are easy and quick to make. More info about ingredients:
- Chocolate - Use dark chocolate, preferably use chocolate that has around 60% - 70% cacao. Why? Because using a chocolate that has a smaller amount of cacao can result in flat cookies.
- Butter - Use butter in this recipe, it’s not recommended using oils or coconut butter in this recipe because only butter will give you that nice, chewy texture and buttery flavor.
- All-purpose flour - It’s best to use all-purpose flour or plain flour because we want our chocolate cookies to be nice and chewy and not stiff.
- Eggs - Don't skip the eggs because they hold everything together.
- Sugar - Use a mixture of white and brown sugar. Brown sugar tends to make cookies chewier, which is what we want.
CAN I FREEZE MY COOKIE DOUGH? DO CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES STORE WELL?
Yes and Yes. You can freeze Chocolate Brownie Cookies dough for up to a month. We usually make the cookie dough in the beginning of December, then freeze it and bake the cookies a few days before Christmas just to have them fresh from the oven.
They also store well. Up to 14 days in a cookie box, which makes them perfect as an edible Christmas gift.
- 225 g dark chocolate (60% - 70% cacao) (8 oz)
- 65 g butter (1/4 cup + 1 tsp or 2.3 oz)
- 100 g all-purpose flour (7/8 cup or 3.5 oz)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 80 g sugar (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp or 2.8 oz)
- 80 g brown sugar (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp or 2.8 oz)
MELT CHOCOLATE AND BUTTER
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
COMBINE EVERYTHING TOGETHER
- In a small bowl combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. In a large bowl or in a bowl of a stand mixer beat the eggs, white and brown sugar until you get a nice, pale mixture. Add the melted chocolate and butter and continue to mix. While constantly mixing with an electric mixer or in a stand mixer gradually add in the dry ingredients to get a nice, thick mixture.
COOKIE DOUGH REST
- Divide the cookie dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours (or overnight) or place in a freezer for 1 hour.
- It’s easier to work with a chilled cookie dough.
SHAPE INTO COOKIES
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C / 350° F. Between your
- Place the baking sheet with cookies in your oven and bake for about 10 minutes at 180 °C / 355 °F. Transfer baked chocolate brownie cookies to a wire rack to cool. Serve or store in a cookie box for up to 14 days.