The Best Ever Blueberry Cookies Recipe
Soft and chewy Blueberry Cookies with fresh blueberries, white chocolate chunks and gooey cream cheese and blueberry jam filling in the center are really the best blueberry cookies ever. If you like the combo of white chocolate, cream cheese and berries, then you must check my Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks, too!
Best Ever Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies
Not long ago, I opened my blueberry baking season with delicious Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake. Having a few packages of fresh blueberries in my fridge, I had to figured out what to bake next. Since my old Strawberry Cookies Recipe again become very popular these days, I wanted to offer you something similar, but new. However, it must be equally delicious, too. And that’s how I came up with these Best-Ever Blueberry Cookies.
White chocolate and cream cheese match perfectly with strawberries, but It makes really awesome combo with blueberries, too. Sweet and tangy flavor combo, soft and chewy texture of these cookies and gooey filing in the center.
Strawberry Cookies were made with cream cheese mixed in cookie dough, but this time I wanted to make a filling in the center of the cookies. For the filling I used cream cheese mixture and blueberry jam. Assembling the cookies was a bit tricky. The dough is a bit sticky even after the chilling time, but it was totally worth it. Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies turned out amazing.
Actually, I made a few without the filling and they taste great, too. If you don’t want to bother with the filling, just scooped out the cookie dough onto baking sheet and bake. The cookies are delicious! But if you want to make the best ever blueberry cookies, don’t skip the filling!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz. white chocolate-chopped into small chunks
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 2.5 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3–4 tablespoons blueberry jam
- In a small bowl whisk together dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, salt and baking powder, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar on high speed for about 2 minutes, until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Running your mixer on low, mix in dry ingredients mix.
- Fold in about ¾ of white chocolate chunks, reserve remaining to press on top of cookies.
- Finally, fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula, but do this really gently and try not to break the berries. The dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To make the filling, mix cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar just to combine and place in the fridge.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To assemble the cookies, scoop one heaping tablespoon of dough and make a deep bowl. Fill with 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture and about ¾ teaspoons of blueberry jam. Top with ½ Tablespoon of cookie dough and seal any openings. Roll gently to make a ball. Press a few white chocolate chunks on top and sides of each cookie. Before baking freeze cookie balls for 10 minutes (if you don’t have enough space or baking sheet in the freezer, place rolled cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper and freeze, and transfer on baking sheet when ready to bake)
- Arrange cookie balls onto baking sheet leaving 3 inches apart, because the cookies will spread while baking. Bake 16-18 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer on a rack too cool completely.