The Best Kids Snack Bento Boxes
These Kids Snack Bento Boxes are the perfect answer for every busy mom who wants to feed their kids healthy snacks but are short on time.
If you were to look through my purse, you’d most likely find snacks hidden away in secret pockets. I always have some sort of bar stashed away along with a random bag of almonds and smushed piece of fruit. I depend on snacks daily and my husband depends on me to be prepared (so I get a little ugly when I’m really hungry, so what?!) And now that I am a mom, I find it even more important to never leave the house without being armed with a selection of choices for my little guy.
So when Enjoy Life came out with their awesome line of new Baked Chewy Bar flavors (Carrot Cake, Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed, and Caramel Blondie), I knew I had to create a system for Kids Snack Bento Boxes to help other moms out there with their hungry little ones.
Best part is these boxes are perfect for kids with food allergies too. No one has to feel left out, all thanks to the yummy choices provided by Enjoy Life; they really know their Top 8 Free food! They take the guess work out of your minds so you can rest easy knowing that you are feeding your kids safe food that is ready to take with them for the day (not to mention that their Baked Chewy Bars are the perfect treat component to throw into these Kids Snack Bento Boxes).
There are five components to these Kids Snack Bento Boxes: The Dippable, The Crunch, The Veggie, The Fruit, and The Treat. Choose one or a selection of a couple from each category, throw it into a meal prep box, cover with a lid and stash them in the fridge for easy, on-the-go access for the week. How easy is that?
- cookie dough hummus
- seed butter
- Tortilla chips
- gluten free pretzels (or homemade grain free pretzels)
- rice cakes
- gluten free crackers (homemade version here)
- Enjoy Life Plentils
- baby carrots
- celery sticks
- bell pepper sticks
- cucumber slices
- cherry tomatoes
- apple slices
- orange slices
- Enjoy Life Baked Chewy Bars
- Enjoy Life Seed + Fruit Mix
- Enjoy Life mini Chocolate Chips Snack Packs
- Enjoy Life mini cookies
- DIY Pudding Snack Packs
- Throw one item from each category into 5 different snack boxes. Place the dippable items in their own separate containers with lids.
- Cover with a lid and store in the fridge.
- Grab-and-go for every day of the school week with these snack boxes.
Keep the crunchy items away from the fruit and veggies to avoid getting soggy.
If you are placing fruits in your boxes that get brown after cutting (like an apple) and still want to prep ahead, you can either:
- Wait the day of, slice the apple, and place in a cup of water mixed with juice of 1 lemon for 5-10 minutes.
- Buy the apple slices in the store that have been given their own lemon wash.
- Also, wait the day of to slice the banana in half if you are choosing that fruit for that day.