Vegan White Bean Soup Recipe
Amazing Vegan White Bean Soup recipe that is hearty, comfy and full of flavor. It is vegan, gluten-free and oil-free and perfect for those long winter months.
During the cold months, I love to make a variety of bean soups, like my Jamaican Gungo Peas Soup and my Split Peas Soup. They each give their unique flavor using basic ingredients such as onions, garlic, carrots, and potatoes.
I added coconut milk for extra creaminess and a combination of herbs for a unique taste. This soup has gusto and body, which is perfect for cold wintry days.
Vegan White Bean Soup Recipe:
- 4 cups white beans, cooked or 8 oz dried (use Navy, Lima, Cannellini, Great Northern)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, or 2 teaspoon fresh leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 sprig of fresh
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- If you are using dried beans, prepare 8 oz of dried beans by sorting and washing.
- Soak in water to cover for 8 hours or overnight. The following day, drain and rinse beans and cook in water until tender.
- Place beans, water, onion, garlic, potato, carrot, marjoram, paprika, coconut milk, parsley, thyme, allspice, salt, cayenne pepper, bay leaf in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Add yeast flakes, check the seasoning and serve immediately.