Almond Puff Pastry
One of my favorite pastry and it's so easy to make. It has a delicious almond flavor.
This is one of my favorite Christmas recipes that I remember having every Christmas since I was a kid.
It’s one of those treats that looks decadent and time-consuming, but it really is not as hard as you think pastry would be. This Almond Puff Pastry will quickly become a favorite in your home too!
FAVORITE CHRISTMAS RECIPE
If you love almond you will adore this flakey delight.
This makes a great breakfast treat Christmas morning and it can easily be made days before and even freezes well (just let it cool and wrap it well).
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract more if you love almond
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds slightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together the crust ingredients with a pastry cutter or 2 forks. The mixture will be coarse and crumbly. Divide it into two balls.
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll into long pieces (about 4? by 12?) and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil over low heat the water and butter (Top portion). Add flour when the water comes to a boil. Turn off the heat and continue to stir until the batter leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the eggs, one egg at a time and then add the almond extract.
- Divide into two parts and spread over the crust, making certain that it is covered completely. Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 45 minutes.
- While still warm, drizzle with a mixture of powdered sugar, and almond extract. If the mixture is too thick add water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time. Sprinkle with sliced, roasted almonds.
- Serve warm or cold.