Angel Food Cake Churro Bites Recipe
Angel Food Cake Churro Bites - a delicious sugar and cinnamon treat topped with glaze!
Happy National Angel Food Cake Day!! You may not have known about this great holiday, and in case you didn’t I want to make sure you knew about it as well learned about Sara Lee’s new line of Angel Food Cakes that is making its way into stores now and will be available nationwide later this year.
Sara Lee sent me some of their new Angel Food Cake to try out, and I’m happy to say that it was super delicious! The best thing about it is it’s thaw-and-serve and allows for quick and easy customization. With it, I decided to try a new recipe and came up with some Angel Food Cake Churro Bites.
- 1 Sara Lee Angel Food Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- oil for frying
- Let your Angel Food Cake thaw. Once thaw, cube the cake. My cubes were about 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches.
- Heat vegetable oil on low-medium heat. Fry cubes until golden brown.
- Once golden brown, immediately put them in the bowl with cinnamon and sugar and toss around. Continue doing this until they're all done.
- For even more flavor, mix 1 cup powdered sugar with a tablespoon of milk, mix and drizzle over the bites. ENJOY!