Banana Bread Cookies
These easy vegan and paleo banana bread cookies are a delicious and healthy treat the whole family will enjoy. Their banana bread flavor is to die for!
If you’re in need of a way to use up those brown bananas sitting on your counter, look no further than these delicious gluten free banana cookies! These banana bread cookies are moist, naturally sweet, and only call for 6 simple ingredients – yay!
I wanted to keep this paleo banana cookie recipe as simple as possible, using as few ingredients as I could. I think I rose up to the challenge if I do say so myself. Here’s what you’ll need to make these dairy free banana bread cookies – which, by the way, are vegan, gluten free, AND paleo!
By using only a handful of ingredients, it allowed the banana flavor to really shine. I mean, you can’t have banana cookies without banana! And you’ll never guess these banana bread cookies are made without eggs.
These almond flour banana bread cookies are easy to make. Like really easy.
If making an actual loaf of banana bread intimidates you, give these cookies a shot. They are practically fool proof and I know you’ll love them. And if you have kids…they’re gonna go bananas over these!
Tips For Making Banana Cookies
- Don’t mash the bananas to death – keep a little texture in them!
- Always measure the mashed bananas with measuring cups. Don’t just guess by the size of the banana.
- Ovens vary. Keep an eye on them and take them out when the tops are golden brown and your kitchen smells like banana bread!
- They will continue to set up as they cool, so for the best texture, let them come to room temperature.
- I personally like the recipe as written, but listed a few optional add-ins for people wanting more flavor. Also, my readers have added some yummy things with great success – so be sure to read the comments for more ideas!
If you love these cookies, you should try my banana split ice cream sandwiches! They are DELISH!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup overly ripe mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350? and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the dry ingredients (I mash, then measure)
- Add the maple syrup
- Mix until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet
- Gently flatten the cookies with a fork or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes until the middles have set and aren't wet (mine were perfect at 28 minutes)
- After the cookies come out of the oven, place them on a wire rack to cool
- Let the cookies come to room temperature before eating
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days