Cheesy Garlic Butter Noodles
Cheesy Garlic Butter Noodles are an easy side dish recipe for any night of the week! They come together in less than 20 minutes and make a perfect pair with your main dish. You can never beat the combo of garlic, cheese and pasta! These are soon to become a staple on your menu any night of the week.
THE BEST GARLIC BUTTER NOODLES!
This little garlic butter noodle side dish was born out of lack of planning, necessity and a craving. You know those little packages of noodles by Lipton? I’m not going to lie I always have one of them in my pantry. I rarely use them, but sometimes I need a quick and easy side dish in a hurry that requires little brain power if any brain power at all.
So, one night I was totally craving some of those noodles and I went to grab the package. I dug, and dug, and dug but it wasn’t there. I was about to cry. Really it wasn’t a huge deal and we would survive without it, but once I get something into my head, I want it. Now. This was one of those times.
Then I got to thinking that garlic butter noodles really wouldn’t be that hard to make from scratch, would it? I went with “No” and then I thought making it would probably be a lot better with a whole lot fewer preservatives and weird stuff. I mean what is that powder in there?
Pretty sure these homemade Garlic Butter Noodles are better and I never need to go back to those little packets of noodles! Isn’t it fun when you do something like this in a panic and it really works out way better in the end anyways?
I’m thinking my niece would love these. She’d be happy with a bowl full of buttered noodles every night and a piece of garlic bread. The more carbs the better! Don’t ask me how she’s a size 2. I might be a little jealous of this since I’m pretty sure I skipped that size altogether!
WHAT CAN I ADD TO PLAIN NOODLES?
The great thing about noodles is that you can dress them up in so many ways!
- To add even more flavor, cook the pasta shells in chicken stock or vegetable broth instead of water.
- Switch up the cheese! Instead of mozzarella try gruyere, asiago, provolone or fontina. They are all great melting cheeses and perfect with pasta!
- Try different herbs to switch up the flavor. Fresh basil, thyme, rosemary or chives all work really well with noodles.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO GARLIC BUTTER NOODLES?
These Garlic Butter Noodles are great as they are but it’s so easy to add other ingredients to sneak in more veggies or toss in a protein to make them the main dish! Here are some ideas:
- Cooked chicken
- Sliced steak
- Grilled shrimp
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Cooked spinach
- Chopped broccoli florets
- Roasted cauliflower
- 2 1/4 c. shell pasta
- 2/3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until cheese is melted.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of milk to thin out the cheesy sauce if you'd like!
- Source: https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/cheesy-garlic-butter-noodles/