Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls Recipe
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls Recipe - A fun lasagna variations with huge Tex-Mex flavor, and tons of cheese sauce!
We are crazy over these Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls, and we think you will be too!
It’s cold outside. The world looks barren. We are itching for spring. And most of us are unbearably stir crazy and driving our loved ones nuts.
As long as you’re stuck inside, make the most of it. This is the time to spice up dinner and play with flavor combinations!
A little excitement on the dinner table, in the dead of winter, is all it takes to make your family smile.
Today’s Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls is a zesty mash-up style recipe. I combine lasagna noodles with vibrant tex mex flavor, and silky cheese sauce.
This festive combination is bold, comforting, and easy to love. My family has been known to argue over who gets to take the leftover Cheesy Southwest Chicken Lasagna Rolls for lunch the next day.
- 1 pound dried lasagna noodles (1 box)
- 19 ounces Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce (1 can)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (great for using up leftovers)
- 15 ounces black beans, drained (1 can)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, (heaping) I used two colors
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 cups chopped scallions
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Packet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set a large pot of salted water over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked to al dente, lay them out on a clean tea towel.
- Meanwhile, place the Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce in the blender and add the cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour half of the cheese sauce into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, black beans, bell peppers, garlic, 2 cups shredded cheese, scallions, and taco seasoning. Spread the mixture evenly over 12 lasagna noodles. Roll each noodle, tucking bits back into the rolls if they fall out. Place the rolls in the baking dish. Once all the rolls are in the dish, pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro if desired.