Copycat Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This Copycat version of Longhorn’s famous Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe tastes just like the restaurant! From the flavorful marinade, to the creamy, crunchy Parmesan Crust. Get ready to make this easy recipe every week!
Longhorn recipes are the way to my heart. This Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe is my favorite thing on their menu. (That, and their White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms, that is.)
It starts with their super flavorful marinade, which definitely gives my previous go-to chicken marinade a run for its money. Let’s do this.
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ¾ inch thick
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Marinade: (Shortcut- Use Italian Salad Dressing)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped into bits
- 3/4 cup Provolone cheese, chopped into bits
- 6 Tablespoons Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together until well-combined and uniform in consistency.
- Place the chicken in a gallon freezer bag, remove the air, and seal. Use a meat mallet to pound it to ¾ inch thick.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken in a new freezer bag along with the marinade. Seal out the air and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the hot skillet on each side. Refrain from moving the chicken around as it sizzles, it will hinder the nice golden sear color. If the pan gets too hot, reduce the heat to medium. Each side will take 3-5 minutes. Once each side is a nice, golden brown and the middle is cooked, set the chicken aside.
- Preheat the oven to a low broil. (450 degrees F.)
- Combine the chopped Parmesan, Provolone, and Buttermilk Ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Use the back of a fork to mash and stir the cheese around until they’re about the consistency of lumpy mashed potatoes.
- Microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Stir, and spread on top of the chicken.
- Bake until the cheese is hot and melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the panko with the garlic powder. Stir in the melted butter and top the chicken with it.
- Bake for about 2 minutes, just until the top of the panko starts to lightly brown. Keep a close a close eye on it to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!