DAIRY-FREE MOCHA LATTE (ICED OR WARM)
This dairy-free mocha latte recipe is so amazing you will feel like you are drinking a high-end latte from a fancy coffee shop…but in the comfort of your own home and for a fraction of the price! It’s easy to make, healthy (paleo, vegan, with NO refined sugar) and out-of-this-world delicious!
Do you see the foam on that iced mocha latte?! I mean, really, can’t you handle how perfectly fluffy it is?! And it’s cold.
Yes, I made an iced mocha latte recipe that is so amazing you will feel like you are drinking a high-end latte from a fancy coffee shop…but in the comfort of your own home and for a fraction of the price! Make your own cinnamon chip scones or mocha scones and you’ll feel extra fancy!
To be honest, I’m usually a straight-up, black coffee drinker (maybe with a touch of this healthy coffee creamer added). But every now and then I get a hankering for a mocha latte! So I made it my mission to create a dairy-free latte that is healthy, low in sugar, easy to make and insanely delicious…and this Mocha Latte is totally a winner folks.
So here are a few notes about making this mocha latte!
- Blend the coconut milk. I recommend tossing the entire can of coconut milk (solid and liquid portions) for 15-20 seconds in the standard Vitamix container first. This ensures there will not be any lumps when it’s poured into the Aer Disc Container to make the mocha latte!
- Brew the coffee. Use your favorite coffee beans and brew them using your favorite method. I make mine in the french press. Feel free to use your favorite coffee or espresso!
HOW TO SERVE A MOCHA LATTE
- For an iced latte, pour the finished product from the Vitamix Aer Disc Container into cups or mugs filled with ice cubes.
- For a warm mocha latte, pour the finished latte from the Vitamix Aer Disc Container into your favorite mugs!
- 1 cup brewed coffee chilled overnight
- 1 cup chilled coconut milk canned*
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 TBS honey or more to taste
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Put coconut milk and coffee into the Aer Disc Container on your Vitamix blender.
- Blend staring at the lowest setting and increasing to high. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed.
- Stop blending and add honey, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- To make an Iced Mocha Latte:
- Blend starting on low speed and increasing to high for 15 seconds, or until ingredients are combined.
- Pour over ice and enjoy
- To make a warm Mocha Latte:
- Do not chill ingredients.
- After adding cocoa powder and honey, blend for 2-4 minutes or until the mixture becomes warm.