Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies
Lemon Sugar Cookies – these perfectly soft and chewy cookies have a hint of lemon, and they are so easy to make. Topped with a luscious lemon frosting, they are unbeatable!
LEMON SUGAR COOKIES WITH LEMON FROSTING
I am a sucker for just about any lemon dessert, and homemade cookies are one of my very favorite treats. I tweaked a favorite sugar cookie recipe by adding some lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. The cookies have just a hint of lemon flavor, and they are so good.
But of course, I didn’t stop with just the cookie. I topped them with some melt in your mouth lemon frosting that is just out of this world. Trust me, if you love lemon you will want to just eat it by the spoonful. These incredible lemon cookies are a new favorite!
A soft, homemade buttery lemon cookie topped with creamy lemon frosting. What lemon lover can resist? I took them to a church potluck and they were gone within minutes! They were a hit with both adults and kids alike.
One of the best things about this sugar cookie recipe is that you don’t have to roll out the dough with a rolling pin and use cookie cutters. No need to chill the dough, no messy counter to clean off, and no cookie cutter to wash. You will love how easy they are!
After the cookies are baked and completely cooled you top them with a delicious lemon buttercream frosting. I used a star tip to pipe my frosting on, and I think they turned out so pretty! But of course you can just spread the frosting on with a knife or offset spatula!!!!!!, they will still taste amazing!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp milk, if needed
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest till well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes, or till barely light brown on the bottom. Let sit 3-4 minutes on pan, then remove to cooling racks.
- Cool cookies completely, then frost. I piped frosting on with a 1M star tip.
- Beat together butter, powdered sugar, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl till creamy, adding milk if needed. If you are piping the frosting, it needs to be thick. If you are just spreading it on, you can add more liquid.