Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries
Frozen yogurt studded with gorgeous blue and red berries! A delicious, fun, and healthy dessert!
Hello, dear pals! Happy post-Mother’s Day to all the Momma’s! I hope you had a wonderful, joyful, relaxing day! Did it include diamonds and flowers? DO TELL!
My kids (7 and 4 years old) got me something super special… It was “breakfast-in-bed” at 2:30 in the afternoon. They literally made me get in bed under the covers to eat it, and my breakfast included a store-bought muffin PLUS a bottle of water. Precious little girls… A cup of coffee would have sealed the deal.
So with Mother’s Day behind us, but Memorial Day ahead of us, (4th of July, too) I thought it was time to finally bust out the red, white, and blue in the form of Frozen Yogurt Bark. No chocolate here.
Sidenote: you know what Memorial Day also means, right? THEEE start of summer. THEEE start of bare skin and beaches. THEEE start of put-the-tub-of-ice-cream-away because we can’t hide under a coat no more.
Goodbye sugar and carbs.
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave (honey or maple syrup are also OK to use)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt
- strawberries, sliced
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yogurt, agave, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to previously prepared baking sheet and spread it around to an even thickness.
- Top with berries.
- Garnish with nuts (optional)
- Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- Keep in the freezer.