Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
This healthy vegan cauliflower fried rice is so good, so easy, so healthy, so filling! If you’re craving fried rice, this is the perfect, healthy, vegan alternative to the classic Asian dish.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY FRIED CAULIFLOWER RICE
This recipe is really easy to make and one of my favourite weeknight dinners. It takes less than 20 minutes and even less if you pre the riced cauliflower ahead of time. As for the oil in this recipe, although most of my recipes are oil-free, I would suggest keeping the sesame oil in this recipe as it really gives the dish that “fried rice” flavour.
To make this dish, simply cook the garlic in a skillet with the sesame oil for a few minute then add the carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, cook it all up until heated through and serve.
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
This easy dish is ready in about 15 minutes, low in carbs and fat and provides 10 grams of plant-based protein per serving. It’s also very filling for just 183 calories per serving.
To add more protein to this dish, I’d suggest adding chickpeas, edamame, baked tofu or marinated baked tempeh. You could also stir in some scramble tofu since traditional fried rice has egg in it.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced (225 g)
- 1/2–1 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower, riced (1080 g, approx. 10 cups riced)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas (170 g)
- 1 cup frozen corn (170 g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari if needed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a wok or large pan.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking for 3 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add the red pepper flakes, riced cauliflower, peas, green onion, peas, corn and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Serve immediately.