Homemade Ginger Ale
This Homemade Ginger Ale recipe is really delicious and also a fantastic natural remedy. This information should not replace professional advice by a qualified medical or herbal practitioner.
Homemade Ginger Ale
If you love Ginger Ale, know that you can make your own at home without any artificial ingredients and preservatives. Yes, a healthy and all natural recipe that can also be a natural remedy. This Homemade Ginger Ale is delicious and also a great way to help prevent and fight a cold or the flu.
Ginger has amazing health benefits and it is so good for your health. Make sure you buy fresh ginger and you drink your homemade ginger ale right away to get all the wonderful properties. When I was pregnant, this drink was perfect when I had nausea. It also soothes an upset stomach and may reduce muscle pain and soreness because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Make real ginger ale and get all the wonderful health benefits
Ginger is an herb. The rhizome (underground stem) is used as a spice and also as a medicine. It can be used fresh, dried and powdered, or as a juice or oil. Ginger can help treat the common cold, flu-like symptoms, headaches, and painful menstrual periods.
Today, health care professionals may recommend ginger to help prevent or treat nausea and vomiting from motion sickness, pregnancy, and cancer chemotherapy. It is also used to treat mild stomach upset, to reduce pain of osteoarthritis, and may even be used in heart disease.
Ginger has a very potent anti-viral substance that prevents the adhesion of viruses to the upper respiratory mucosa. It is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic (preventing the growth of disease) and also an antioxidant. Ginger also soothes the stomach and throat, has properties to suppress a cough, and is considered a natural pain and fever reducer. If you make hot Ginger Tea, you can breath in the hot elixir and help clear your nasal passages.
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger juiced or grated (use only 1 inch if you do not want such a strong ginger flavor)
- 8 ounces of sparkling or carbonated water
- 1/2 lemon juiced or squeezed
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juicing Method: First you need to juice the ginger and lemon. Then, mix well well with the sparking or carbonated water, and honey.
- Blending Method: Grate the ginger and squeeze 1/2 lemon. Then blend all the ingredients together and pour through a fine strainer.
- Drink it up and Enjoy!
- You can add 1 inch of peeled fresh turmeric and incorporate it to your ginger ale recipe and turn it into a wellness shot! Turmeric is really great for fighting inflammation and boosting the immune system. Either method will work fine (blending or juicing with the rest of the ingredients).
- Use a pinch of cayenne pepper to help clear any congestion you might have if you are dealing with a cold. The lemon, ginger and cayenne combination will give you lots of energy!
- I recommend starting with just one inch of fresh ginger and work up your way to 2 inches or desired taste. Ginger has a very strong taste.
- Use more or less honey according to taste. Remember the benefits of eating Pure Natural Raw Honey are simply amazing. Buying raw honey is really important!