Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
This easy keto cheeseburger casserole is hearty and filling and makes a wonderful low carb alternative to a cheeseburger. You won’t miss the bun!
This casserole is delicious, in a delightfully non-gourmet sort of way. Grownups and kids alike always enjoy it. And the younger one – the Picky Eater- often asks for seconds!
You can make it as written, you can vary the spices you use, and you can add veggies. Like most casseroles, it’s a very forgiving and flexible recipe.
Reviews of this recipe
Pinterest users seem to like this recipe a lot. Here are a few of their comments:
- Easy to make. Came out delicious. I used ground turkey instead of beef.
- This was so delicious! I ate it with some salsa on the side and yum yum yum!
- Easy to make and everyone thought the keto cheeseburger casserole was delicious!
- Followed this recipe to a T and it turned out great! I will definitely make it again.
- Olive oil spray for the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 tablepsoon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided (6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the beef and the onions. Cook, stirring to break up the beef, until the meat is browned and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- If there are liquids at the bottom of the skillet, drain the mixture and return it to the skillet.
- Stir in the kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Turn the heat off. Stir in the mayonnaise, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, and 1 cup cheddar.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 15 minutes. Or, if your baking dish is broiler-safe, broil the casserole 6 inches below the heating element (not directly below) until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.