Keto Green Chile Chicken Recipe
Are you looking for a quick, easy low carb recipe that is LOADED with flavor? Keto Green Chile Chicken is your answer. A DELICIOUS dinner with less than 10 ingredients and one dish for quick prep and easy cleanup.
This fun Southwestern flavor inspired casserole is packed with flavor and sure to please your pickiest eaters. Today’s combo is so rich, creamy and zesty in just the right way. It is low carb comfort food at it’s best.
This recipe is so easy, you can have it prepped and ready to bake in under 15 minutes, that’s right I said 15 minutes. I love a quick and easy recipes on these busy school nights. The best part about this recipe is the only cleanup you will have is one bowl and a spoon. Sounds like a winner to me.
What are Green Chiles
If you have never cooked with Green Chiles before, you are in for a treat! These are mild green chile peppers grown in the southwestern part of the United States and Mexico. Although there are different varieties, most, including the ones that we cook with in this recipe, are mild so they work to enhance the flavor of the dish without adding much heat.
How to Serve Keto Green Chile Chicken
Let’s talk about the combination of flavors in this recipe. There is something magical that happens when you combine green chilies, cumin, cream cheese and garlic. Next you add your protein… the chicken and you get this delicious combo.
This recipe would be delicious served over a bed of sautéed spinach, cauliflower rice, or greens of your choice, or any of the other options listed below.
Top this off with a spoonful of sour cream or my favorite homemade Pico de Gallo, or even some fresh chopped cilantro for the perfect meal!
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilis I prefer Old El Paso
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper until combined. Then stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the green chili mixture. Then top with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Serve hot over sautéed spinach or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.