Thick and Soft Keto Lemon Cookies
Thick and Soft Keto Lemon Cookies are exactly what you need if you’re looking for a delicious cookie that is bursting with lemon flavor! Drizzled with icing, these are perfectly sweet and tangy!
KETO LEMON COOKIES
In the summer and spring months, there is nothing better than citrus! Maybe I’m just a stereotypical Floridian, but I love the refreshing sweet-tanginess of citrus!
If you’re anything like me and you love citrus too, you will adore these keto lemon cookies! Some of our favorite citrusy recipes are our Low Carb Orange Creamsicle Cake, Creamy Keto Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream, and Sugar-Free Keto Lemonade! If you are craving anything with citrus this summer, be sure to check out these great recipes.
Creating this recipe, I had really high hopes. Of course I always expect everything we make to be great, I was especially excited for this one (maybe because I love citrus… did I already mention that?). When these finally came out of the oven and I first smelled them, I knew they would be delicious!
My tastebuds definitely confirmed what my nose already knew… these keto lemon cookies came out so great! I modeled the thickness and softness of this cookie after our Thick and Soft Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies and I think they turned out with the same consistency and feel.
If you enjoyed our keto snickerdoodles, you will deftly love these keto lemon cookies!!
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit (or choice of sweetener)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Powdered Sweetener
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk (or milk of choice), or lemon juice
- Finely grated lemon zest for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond and coconut flours, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, sweetener, eggs, lemon zest, lemon extract, and lemon juice.
- Slowly mix in dry ingrediants and combine to form dough.
- Roll the individual cookies into 1-1 1/4" balls. Flatten balls slightly for desired shape and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Spread the glaze on the cooled cookies. Let stand until the glaze is set, about 10 minutes.