Twix Cookies are a soft sugar cookie crust, with a creamy caramel on top which is topped with milk chocolate. This delicious cookie explodes with Twix flavor and are super fun to make! Skip the candy bar and make your own!
Twix Cookies- Cookie, Caramel and CHOCOLATE!
Twix is one of my favorite candy bars. I mean, I don’t like to be picky and choosy.. I’d eat almost any candy bar placed in front of me (besides you, Almond Joy!). If I played favorites, though, Twix and Milky Way would be up there.
And what do those two glorious candy bars have in common? Chocolate and Caramel. Heart eyes for days. SERIOUSLY.
So, I thought, why not use my favorite sugar cookie recipe and make my own?? I honestly felt a little like Lindsay Lohan in the parent trap.. Brilliant, beyond brilliant, idea. ?
While making these, I can’t even tell you how many I ate. An embarrassing number, I assure you. To get that picture perfect bite mark I went through at least 4. I’m all about honesty over here, clearly. It’s a good thing I like running!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 caramels unwrapped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll the dough out until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Transfer to an ungreased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Pull out of the oven when the cookies are puffy and no longer glossy.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, microwave the caramels and milk for 1 minute. Stir at the 30 second mark. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully spoon a few teaspoons of caramel onto each cookie, spreading until it almost covers the cookie.
- Placethe cookies and caramel into the fridge for 10 -15 minutes or until completely cold.
- Melt the chocolate chips for 30 second intervals until completely melted and incorporated.
- Spread a small amount of chocolate onto each cookie. Let the chocolate layer cool and set up before serving.