Easy Taco Soup
Looking to change up Taco Tuesdays? How about a piping hot bowl of Easy Taco Soup? Enjoy all the taco flavors in a bowl and on the table in 30 minutes!
Easy Taco Soup
Today I’m updating a long time family favorite and “go to” recipe.
Easy Taco Soup is one of those classic recipes that never goes out of style. It delivers with a fantastic Tex-Mex flavor profile.
And the easy preparation guarantees this recipe has a spot on the regular meal rotation. All busy Mamas appreciate a recipe you can toss together and have on the table in about 30 minutes.
I’ve been making Easy Taco Soup for years, tweaking it here and there. I think I’m finally at a point where I can quit tinkering with the recipe (maybe!).
- 1 pound lean ground beef I use 93/7*
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans drained & rinsed*
- 1 small can whole kernel corn, drained*
- 1 can diced tomatoes, I like to use the petite-diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (or 2 tbsp. Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 3-4 cups water
- Optional: shredded cheese, Cholula or hot sauce
- Brown the ground beef and chopped onion in a large pot until beef is no longer pink (onion should be translucent). Drain grease.
- Add the ranch and homemade taco seasoning mixes, tomato sauce, beans, corn and 3 cups water. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Add additional water if soup is too thick.
- Serve with shredded cheese and hot sauce if desired.
- This recipe also works well with ground turkey.
- Substitute the cans of beans and corn with 1 bag of Birds Eye C&W Ultimate Southwest Blend (found in the frozen veggie section).
- I don't add additional salt because the taco & ranch mixes contain salt.
- Use pre-cooked ground beef to make this a 30 minute meal.