Lemon Bar Cookie Cups
I have been on a major lemon kick now that it’s officially spring! I made our amazing lemon bars last week and have been dreaming of them ever since! A few years ago, I made these Cream Filled Sugar Cookie Cups and thought they would be so good with a lemon curd filling. These lemon filled sugar cookie cups are perfect for parties or showers!
I started with a homemade sugar cookie crust for each cookie cup. If you are short on time, a roll of pre-made sugar cookie dough would work fine for this recipe! After the cookie cups come out of the oven, press the middle in with the backside of a spoon while they are warm.
While my sugar cookie cups were cooling, I made this easy no-bake lemon curd. This lemon curd is simple to make and absolutely foolproof!
As soon as the curd thickened a little, I spooned it into the cookie cups. A teaspoon of lemon curd filled them up perfectly!
I topped the cookie cups off with some fresh lemon zest and let them set up a little more in the fridge! The trick to getting these lemon filled cookie cups out of the pan is by running a butter knife along the edge of each cookie cup and just popping them out! Don’t use a spoon to try and get them out because it is too rounded and will dent in the sides of the cookie cup…. I speak from experience haha!
I couldn’t wait much longer to dig into them, so after about 30 minutes I took them out of the fridge and dusted them with powdered sugar before diving right in!
You could go without the powdered sugar on top, but it adds just the right amount of sweetness!
These tasty little cookie cups had all the goodness of lemon bars in one convenient little bite!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lemon curd filling:
- 6 Tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs (divided)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Roll into 1" sized balls and place in muffin tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Press the insides of the cookies down with the backside of a spoon to make an indent for filling; let cool.
- To make the filling, cream together 6 Tablespoons softened butter with 1 cup sugar.
- Mix in 2 eggs and just the yolks from the other 2 eggs, and beat until well combined.
- Add lemon juice and mix until combined, there will still be some lumps.
- Pour filling mixture into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk constantly for 5 minutes, or until smooth and thickened.
- Remove lemon curd from heat and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully spoon a teaspoon of lemon curd into each cookie cup.
- Top cookie cups with lemon zest of one lemon, and place in fridge for 30 minutes, or until lemon curd has set up.
- Remove cookie cups from pan using a butter knife and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.