Melt in Your Mouth Oven Baked Chicken Breast
MIYM Chicken is a family favorite dinner. It’s my version of the classic Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Recipe that your mom probably used to make! Simple, flavorful, and tender chicken recipes are always a welcome addition in my weeknight dinner rotation!
This MIYM Chicken has been SUCH a major hit with readers over the past year, I wanted to update the post and recipe and include some tips and tricks I have discovered since I posted it a year ago!
We eat more chicken recipes in our house than any other meat for sure, like my Balsamic Chicken, my Cheesy Artichoke Chicken, my Crescent Chicke the list goes on and on. And real talk, chicken nuggets are basically the perfect food…soooo.
Chicken is just an easy starting point for dinner, and you only need a few ingredients to make it completely different every night you use it!
MIYM Chicken Is Classic and Delicious!
This MIYM Chicken recipe is one of those classic, easy chicken dishes that I am sure you’ve had at some point in your life. My mom used to make it with mayonnaise and while that was fine, I always thought she may have used a little too much. There is a fine line with mayo in my opinion…a little = good…too much = gross.
Anyhow, to sideline that whole debate, I use sour cream in my recipe, which seems to make everyone happy, as it’s pretty undetectable. Plus, there’s cheese involved in this chicken recipe, and everyone knows with cheese…too much = perfect.
This Melt In Your Mouth Chicken is a keeper in my recipe box and I know you will love it too! I enjoy serving it with my Homemade Egg Noodles on the side when I have the time to make them. But here are a few more options:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts evenly into the pan. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on microwave or in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.