Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat
I love how easy and delicious this homemade Alfredo sauce is! Even if you think you can’t cook, you can make this divine sauce in under 30 minutes. Yes, you heard me right…. it’s quick and easy and DELISH! Check out all the reviews below!
Alfredo sauce is great on pizza, pasta, chicken, and more. Any type of noodles will work with Alfredo, even the zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash variety. It’s delicious as a dip with fresh, warm breadsticks too. Yum!
I think a secret to a good Alfredo sauce is using fresh Parmesan cheese. The dried, grated variety can be too strong and salty. I usually buy a small wedge of Parmesan and grate it myself for this recipe.
Here’s a meal idea to go along with the homemade Alfredo sauce: Cook a 48-ounce package of fresh cheese tortellini for 6 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Immediately drain it and add it to the Alfredo sauce. Add 2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken breast, if desired, to the sauce and pasta. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Alfredo Sauce Tips:
- If you find your sauce isn’t thick enough, be sure to let the sauce boil for a moment before you add the cheese!
- If it starts to seperate, rapidly whisk the sauce to incorporate all the ingredients.
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan combine heavy cream, butter and cream cheese. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, then keep it simmering until all is melted and mixed well. Stir often!
- Right after the mixture comes to a light boil, whisk in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Simmer this for 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat, just until it thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot pasta, in place of red pizza sauce, or for dipping. It's great with grilled chicken or shrimp too.