Peppermint Bark Mimosas Recipe
Tis the season for holiday parties and festive cocktails. Nothing beats this delicious Peppermint Bark Mimosa for your holiday gatherings. Serve these simple to make festive drinks at your next holiday party and everyone will be merry!
Yes, I have officially jumped on the Peppermint Bark Mimosa train. I have been seeing these videos pop up all over my Social Media threads and thought, why not! I love Prosecco and peppermint so let’s give it a try with my own special twist!
These mimosas are super simple to make and taste so divine! I used Prosecco rather than champagne for this recipe because it generally has a sweeter flavor profile. When you are creating a cocktail based off a traditional holiday candy you must opt for the sweet stuff!
Bubbly Prosecco with a splash of Peppermint Vodka and white Crème de cacao make this the ultimate holiday cocktail. Serve with a candy cane if you choose but in my opinion the peppermint vodka gives just enough peppermint flavor without overpowering the Prosecco.
Now let’s talk about drink garnish for a second. I did like the fact that melted dark chocolate is used to rim the glass and adds to the holiday flavor however while the crushed candy cane makes it look really gorgeous and festive it is not so functional for drinking.
Unless you like hard pieces of candy with every sip. Next time I make these I will forego the crushed candy cane rim and just start enjoying the cocktail itself!
Pop, Fizz, Clink and enjoy this holiday drink!
- 1/4 C. Dark chocolate chips, melted
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- 3 oz. peppermint vodka, divided (I used Smirnoff Peppermint Vodka)
- 3 oz. White Crème de Cacao, divided
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 6 candy canes, whole
- Over low heat in a saucepan melt the dark chocolate chips. Pour melted chocolate onto a small plate.
- In a ziplock bag place the three candy canes (unwrapped) and crush with a rolling pin. Pour crushed candy canes onto a separate plate.
- Dip rims of champagne flutes first in chocolate, then in crushed candy canes to coat. However you can skip the candy canes if you want.
- Add half an ounce of peppermint vodka to each glass, then half an ounce of white crème de cacao. Top off the glass with prosecco.