Quick & Easy Vegan Ramen
This quick & easy vegan ramen is a delicious homemade soup that is perfect for a cold or rainy day. It’s filled with ramen noodles & soft tofu and comes together in less than 30 minutes!
So naturally, all I’ve been wanting to eat is an absurd amount of soup. Seriously. Cauliflower soup, butternut squash soup, doesn’t matter what it is. I WANT IT ALL.
There’s just something about the cold rainy days in Fall that make soup taste just extra good. And there’s no feeling quite like having a belly filled with soup and feeling your entire body warm up from your head to your toes. mmm.
EASY RAMEN NOODLE RECIPE
To be honest, this is what I’m feeling RIGHT NOW. Because friends, I just finished eating a big bowl of this ramen noodle soup before sitting down to write this post.
This quick & easy vegan ramen is EVERYTHING. Seriously. Homemade is the only way to go. The best part of this ramen has got to be how quick and simple it is to throw together. Maybe not as quick and simple as a Ramen packet where you just throw some flavouring into a pot, but hey, that’s the trade off for healthy, natural homemade ramen made with love.
HOMEMADE RAMEN SEASONING
What makes this recipe so great, is the homemade ramen seasoning. Yes ramen seasoning is easy to find in the grocery store and convenient to use, but it is loaded with sodium and fake ingredients we don’t want to put in our bodies!
Really it is not hard to make the seasoning of tradition ramen. All you need here is dried shitake mushrooms, garlic powder, onion, soy sauce, miso paste and some vegetable broth! See not a lot!
Quick & Easy Vegan Ramen Recipe:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 4 green onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in halves
- 3-inch cube of ginger, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 oz dried shitake mushrooms (about 15–20 dried shitake, can sub fresh shitake)
- 1-litre vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste (white or red)
- 1 tsp agave (or maple syrup)
- 1 block soft tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 packs vegan ramen noodles
- spinach, cilantro, & green onions to garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the green onion, garlic and ginger to the pot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the dried shitake mushrooms and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, soy sauce, miso paste and agave and bring to a boil, mixing well until everything is combined, then reduce heat to low, cover & let simmer for 10 minutes.
- (Optionally) strain the soup to remove the large chunks of garlic & ginger, or just remove them with a fork if desired.
- Raise the heat to medium, then add the tofu and ramen noodles, letting cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Serve with some steamed baby spinach, chopped green onion and fresh cilantro.
- This broth intensifies with flavour over time. Prepare the broth a day before you want to enjoy it to make it even better! Depending on how much sodium is in the broth you use, you may need to add a bit more or less soy sauce. Taste and adjust accordingly.