BETTER THAN ANYTHING CAKE!
This better than anything cake has a rich chocolate base and is infused with caramel and sweetened condensed milk. To top it all off, you’ll add some whipped topping and toffee bits.
If you’ve never tried a poke cake before, this is a great recipe to start with. The caramel and condensed milk soak into the cake, making it super flavorful and delicious. Some of my other favorites are my chocolate turtle poke cake, jello poke cake and tres leches cake.
My family loves homemade cake, but there’s some days you don’t have time to make one from scratch. That’s when I love to use a box mix and dress it up a little. This chocolate cake (also known as the ‘better than sex cake’) is one of my husband’s favorites. We call it ‘better than anything’ cake to keep it family friendly.
This delicious dessert is made with devil’s food chocolate cake mix, infused with caramel and sweetened condensed milk (my fave!) then topped with cool whip and Heath toffee bits. Seriously, does it get any better than that?! I don’t think so.
- 16.5 ounce box devil’s food cake mix (plus ingredients on box)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate heath toffee bits
- Bake the cake according to the directions.
- Remove from the oven and poke holes all over the top with a butter knife or fork.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cake. Then drizzle the can of sweetened condensed milk over top. Allow the topping to soak into the holes.
- Once the cake is at room temperature, top with Cool Whip and toffee bits.
- Store in the refrigerator one hour before serving.
TIPS + MODIFICATIONS
- I used a box cake mix to make it easier, but feel free to make your own chocolate cake from scratch.
- Make sure it has cooled completely before adding the cool whip topping. You don’t want it to melt!
- You can substitute cool whip for whipped cream if preferred.
- Can swap out Heath toffee bits with chopped Reese’s, Oreo’s or nuts.
- Refrigerate the dessert at least an hour before serving (or overnight). This allows the caramel and sweetened condensed milk to really soak in.
- Drizzle with extra caramel sauce before serving for even more deliciousness.