Dirt Cups Recipe in 5 mins
Like I have mentioned before, I am going to be posting recipes that my family loves. I don’t know about you, but I have been to many “family friendly” recipe blogs before and there was nothing my kids would ever let cross their lips. I want this to be a place where you can come and know that anything on this blog will be a hit in your house!
Yes, Dirt Cups have been around for a long time and are easy to make, but I think they deserve their own spotlight. Don’t you? What is not to love about chocolate pudding sandwiched between layers of crushed Oreo cookies and topped with sweet gummy worms?
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (4 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 - 8 oz container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (16 0z) Oreos (crushed into crumbs)
- Gummy Worms
- 10 plastic cups (8 oz. size)
- Pour the milk into a mixing bowl and add the pudding mix.
- Beat with a wire whisk until well blended (about 2 minutes)
- Let pudding stand for five minutes.
- Stir whipped topping into the pudding very gently until it is all the same color.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of the crushed cookies into the bottom of each cup.
- Then add a 2 Tablespoons of pudding to each cup.
- Then repeat another layer of cookies, then pudding, and then cookies.
- Finish up by adding 2 gummy worms cut in half to the top of each of the cups.
- Put cups into the refrigerator for about one hour to chill them.
- I usually wait and add the gummy worms when I am ready to serve, rather than put in the refrigerator.