Easy Brazilian Lemonade Recipe
Brazilian Lemonade is a creamy, smooth refreshing lime drink native to Brazil. This version is just like the one Tucanos Brazilian Grill makes! (For non dairy options see the notes in the post.)
BRAZILIAN LEMONADE IS MADE WITH LIMES
Brazilian Lemonade sounds backwards too. It is called “lemonade” but there are no lemons in it – just limes. Don’t as me why – I haven’t the foggiest!
What I do know is it is ridiculously good and that one drink will have you hooked for life. Sorry, but at least I warned you?
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BRAZILIAN LEMONADE (LIKE TUCANOS)
Some versions of this recipe call for blending limes together with the water etc. I find that makes the drink bitter most of the time. My version is simpler and is dependably amazing.
Have a great week guys, enjoy my birthday tomorrow and don’t wait to whip up a batch of this lovely lemonade to enjoy with friends!
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE BRAZILIAN LEMONADE
I’ve had some requests for a dairy free or lactose free version of Brazilian lemonade. There are several options depending on what you need and how much time you have.
Lactose Free Options
- You can use a lactose free milk to make sweetened condensed milk with a recipe like this one
- Nestle brand makes a product called La Lechera Lactose-Free Sweet Condensed Milk
Dairy Free Options
- Substitute 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk for the sweetened condensed milk. Taste the finished product and add a little bit more sugar if the drink is still too tart.
- Make your own dairy-free sweetened condensed milk with a recipe like this one
- Make dairy-free sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk like this
- 6 cups cold water divide
- 1 cup bakers sugar can sub granulated sugar
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Measure 3 cups cold water and pour into a blender. Pour the other 3 cups of cold water into the pitcher you plan to serve in.
- Add the sugar, lime zest, lime juice and sweetened condensed milk to the blender.
- Holding the lid down firmly, blend the mixture until everything is combined and frothy. Pour contents of blender into the pitcher of water and stir to combine.
- Serve the drink in glasses of ice and garnish with lime wedges.
- Lime Juicing Tip: Use your hand to slightly flatten a lime against the counter or cutting board and roll it several times. This will help to release the juice.