EASY SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast combines spinach, artichokes, and cream cheese in a cheesy chicken breast filling. This baked stuffed chicken recipe is easy to assemble and cooks in minutes for a quick weeknight dinner!
Effortless Spinach Stuffed Chicken combines classic flavors of spinach, artichokes, and cream cheese into a healthy, quick, easy-to-follow recipe. Cheesy Stuffed Chicken recipe only requires 15 minutes hands-on time and bakes in the oven in minutes.
With the kids back to school, busy families need plenty of easy, delicious recipes. Chicken dinners, like Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken and Honey Soy Chicken Thighs always seem to be the most popular choices for family loved recipes.
Stuffed Chicken Breast recipes are a favorite at our house because I can mix in healthy vegetables with a cheesy filling everyone loves. Even though stuffed chicken breasts look impressive, they are actually very simple to throw together!
The cream cheese, spinach, artichoke filling comes together in minutes. Cut a pocket in chicken, divide spinach mixture between breasts, and bake in the oven. Baking stuffed chicken breasts instead of skillet frying is healthier, hands-off, and makes for less clean up!
Who doesn’t need easy-to-prepare baked chicken recipes the family will love?! Easy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast absolutely nails the busy weeknight dinner category.
IS SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPE KETO?
Yes, all the ingredients in Spinach Stuffed Chicken are low carb and keto-friendly.
The veggies, spinach, artichokes, and fresh garlic compliment the keto diet. The remaining ingredients, mozzarella, parmesan, and cream cheese, are also low carb and ketogenic.
- 5 chicken breasts, butterflied with a deep slit (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 ounce canned artichokes, chopped
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add half of spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir until spinach is wilted. Continue to add handfuls of spinach until all spinach is wilted. TIP: Placing a lid over the skillet helps the spinach cook down faster.
- Reduce heat to low and add artichokes and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in both mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Place butterflied chicken breasts (see recipe notes) on the prepared baking sheet. On top of each chicken breast drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and paprika. Use your hands to spread olive oil and seasonings evenly over the top of chicken breasts.
- Open the chicken and evenly divide spinach artichoke filling. Close the chicken (like a closing a book), and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts. For best results, use a thermometer to make sure chicken reaches a temperature of 165ºF.