Keto Microwave Cheesecake
Keto microwave cheesecake recipe is ready in just a few minutes. Sweetened with stevia, it has 4 grams of carbs and 200 calories for the entire filling mug cake.
I really like mug cakes. I have a few of them on this blog, and I really appreciate the way they satisfy sweet tooth cravings swiftly and efficiently. I also like that they make just one serving – yay for built-in portion control!
This keto microwave cheesecake is a lifesaver. It’s ready super fast, it’s very filling, and it satisfies that craving for cheesecake that I tend to get once in a while.
How to serve microwave cheesecake
You can make this mug cake prettier by dusting it with a little sugar-free powdered “sugar.” I rarely bother. I only did it here because I wanted the photographs to look as nice as possible. 😉
You can obviously top this cake with other toppings. Such as berries, keto whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream, a drizzle of melted dark chocolate or some warmed peanut butter.
Why do you use reduced-fat cream cheese?
I use Neufchatel cream cheese in this recipe, which is basically a lower fat cream cheese. You can use full-fat cream cheese if you prefer.
It’s just that I’m one of those who believe that even on a keto or low carb diet, calories count – especially dessert calories. Neufchatel cream cheese produces fabulous results for fewer calories, so that’s what I use.
How to sweeten this cake?
I recommend using a sweetener to equal 2 tablespoons of sugar. My original recipe used 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite, which equals about 1 tablespoon of sugar.
But several Pinterest reviewers commented that the cake wasn’t sweet enough, and I respect their opinion. So I have changed the recipe accordingly.
- 2 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, cubed (or reduced fat cream cheese; can also use regular cream cheese)*
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals about 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 1 large egg
- Place the cream cheese in a 1-cup, 3-inch wide ceramic ramekin. Microwave 15 seconds to soften.
- Add the vanilla and stevia and mix with a fork to combine.
- Mix in the egg, patiently and thoroughly, until smooth. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Allow the cake to rest and cool in the ramekin for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and carefully invert it onto a plate.
- Top with your choice of toppings and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving.