Strawberry Brownies are a super simple springtime dessert that comes together easily with just a few pantry ingredients (cake mix!) and some fresh strawberries.
THE BEST STRAWBERRY BROWNIES EVER!
When I think of spring I think of butterflies and cool breezes, rainy days and flowers, and lots and lots of strawberry recipes. These epic strawberry brownies are a new favorite because they are super easy to make and so delicious. Everyone loves them!
The recipe starts with cake mix, eggs and oil. I love to add cream cheese to cake mix bars to give them a super moist and creamy texture. These strawberry brownies are rich like a brownie, with the sweet tanginess of strawberries. I love the addition of the fresh strawberries on top because they not only just look really pretty but they add a bit of texture as well.
They are perfect for parties, baby showers and high tea because they are look so elegant. No one will know they actually came from a box of cake mix! But they are a delicious after-school snack too. Don’t you just love a treat that is as versatile as these strawberry brownies?
TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY BROWNIES FROM A CAKE MIX
- Use an electric mixer. This mixture is thick, which give the brownies their dense texture, but it does make it a little difficult to mix by hand. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer will save your arms a workout.
- Don’t over mix. Over-mixing will result in a tough brownie, and no one wants that. Mix the batter just until no more of the dry powder is visible.
- Add mix-ins. For extra texture and flavor contrast, add a cup of white chocolate chips or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter and fold them in just until combined. Freeze dried strawberries would be a great addition too. Just don’t use fresh strawberries IN the batter – the moisture will keep the strawberry brownies from baking up properly.
- Strawberry tips – If you have the time, lay out the sliced strawberries on a paper towel to dry them out a little bit. Press a second towel gently on top to help with moisture.
- 1 box Strawberry cake mix
- ? cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 7x11-inch or 8-9" square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer set to medium speed, combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and cream cheese until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Batter will be thick, so use your fingers if necessary.
- Arrange the thinly sliced strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown and center looks mostly set. Strawberries should be somewhat dried out.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.