THE BEST AND EASIEST LEMON COOKIES
These Simple Lemon Crinkle Cookies Are Both Sweet And Tart. They Are Bursting With Bright Lemon Flavor.
These chewy, lemon-flavored cookies are covered with powdered sugar before they’re baked for a crinkle effect. They are soft and chewy and a perfect bite for all lemon lovers! For more lemon-lover approved recipes be sure to try Easy Lemon Bars, Lemon Lasagna, and Lemon Sugar Cookies.
Lemon is such a delicious flavor. I love how bright it is. And no matter what time of the year I can channel summer by making a sweet lemon treat.
These lemon crinkly cookies sure hit the spot! They are so easy to make and are simply delish! The sprinkling of powder sugar not only makes them look cute, but adds just that bit of extra sweetness that compliments the tart lemon perfectly.
These lemon crinkle cookies are perfect if you love lemon desserts. They also freeze really well so you can store some away for down the road!
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 c white sugar
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or use a hand mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy. Then beat in the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again to be sure everything is combined.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the cookie dough for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Using a cookie scoop, or spoon, shape the dough into roughly 1 1/2-inch rounds. Pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl. Place cookie balls in powdered sugar and cover until well coated, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Cookies should no longer be glossy, but have a matte look.
- Remove from the oven. Sift more powdered sugar on if desired. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- RECIPE NOTES
- Just a few tips and tricks to keep in mind when making these easy lemon cookies
- If using a non stick darker baking tray, only bake for 10-13 minutes
- Be sure to use SOFTENED butter not melted butter otherside your cookies will spread too much.
- To make a bright yellow cookie add yellow food coloring
- Use fresh lemon juice and not lemon extract
- Control the lemon flavor by adding or reducing the amount of lemon zest you add