The Best Berry Icebox Cake
Berry Icebox Cake is the perfect summer dessert. The recipe is easy to make and is refreshing any time of year, but especially for summer gatherings, barbecues, and family events, including the Fourth of July.
This icebox cake recipe is a fun, creamy, and flavorful cake with Graham crackers, cream cheese, whipped topping, vanilla pudding, strawberries, and blueberries.
You can mix and match your favorite fruits for this recipe to make it a delicious and fun treat for any occasion.
Tips and Tricks
Leave the cream cheese on the counter to soften, which will make it easier to mix with the pudding and whipped topping.
Slice the strawberries so that they are somewhat flat, which will allow you to add the layers easily. I made the mistake of not cutting the strawberries flatter and it made layering a little tougher.
You can add more whipped topping to the top of the dessert if you used all of your cream cheese mixture while layering.
Place the icebox cake recipe in the refrigerator for at least a few hours so the Graham crackers will soak up some of the cream cheese mixture and soften. This will also help when cutting the easy summer dessert.
If you love summer desserts, give this southern peach cobbler a try.
- 2 lbs. strawberries (washed and sliced)
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries (washed)
- 3.4 oz. Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 16 oz. whipped topping
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 14.4 oz. box of Graham crackers
- Add the instant pudding to a large bowl.
- Pour the milk into the bowl and mix until pudding thickens.
- Add 12 oz. of whipped topping to the bowl and mix together.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Spread a couple of spoonfuls of whipped topping on the bottom of a 9" x 13" casserole dish (reserve the rest for the top of the dessert).
- Add one layer of Graham crackers over the whipped topping (about eight crackers).
- Spread one-third of the cream cheese mixture over the Graham crackers. Top with several rows of strawberries and blueberries.
- Line again with Graham crackers, then cream cheese topping, then berries.
- Line once more with Graham crackers.
- Top with the remainder of the cream cheese topping.
- Add the remainder of the whipped cream and spread it out, covering the dessert. Line the top with strawberries and blueberries.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours to help soften the Graham crackers.